Friday, January 25, 2013

Ziba's Review of Turquoise Jeep @ Central SAPC December 28, 2012

 photo photo_zps8415407b.jpg

Ziba Z, the host of Our Digital Future airing Thursdays 9:30am-10:00am, recently saw Turquoise Jeep @ Central SAPC in Santa Monica presented by IHEARTCOMIX. Ziba shares her experience with these true performers below. Check out more from Ziba at ziba.kuci.org


Last night I saw Turquoise Jeep perform at the Central SAPC in Santa Monica.  What or who are they you say? I asked myself the same question when only a month ago I saw my boyfriend post something about them on Facebook.  They looked like a comedy group-spoofing rap with a 90's feel.  I saw flyers promoting their tour and live appearances but I asked myself is this real or a joke?  Is this a comedy sketch performance or a serious musical event?  After seeing/hearing the show last night I can tell you it was both.  At one point the four musical performers Young Humma, Pretty Raheem, Flynt Flossy, & whatchamacallit requested the participation of 4 lovely ladies to join them on stage for a lap dance.  Regretfully even though I was two rows from the front I was not picked to receive such a gift.  The ladies who were though were some of the luckiest of the night getting Humma fake smashin' and bangin' them and Flynt Flossy asking how you like your eggs fried or fertilized while whatchamacallit proposed the question do you want to touch it? "You know I do" Well put your hand on it then.  The highlight of their performance also included their synchronous pelvic thrusting and sweet dance moves bringing back the feel of Bobby Brown's every little step I take video.  Make sure you brush your teeth after this show however, because they are sure to give you cavities from all the chocolate they put in your mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment